How to get a Green Card?

Miami immigration attorney Oleg Otten - How to get a Green Card

The goal of many of our clients is to obtain a lawful permanent residence or a “green card.” This enables them to live and work in the U.S. for the rest of their lives. So, how to get a green card? Our immigration lawyer can help you obtain permanent residence through one of several categories. These categories can be divided into two main types: Employment-based green cards and Family-based green cards.

How to get a green card through work?

Some employment-based applications require “labor certification,” also known as PERM, which is a process by which the U.S. Department of Labor certifies that there is a lack of qualified U.S. workers in the position. Our immigration lawyer represents clients during this procedure as well.

How to get a family-based green card?

Each year, hundreds of thousands of people get green cards (become permanent residents) by being sponsored by their relatives. You may be eligible to get a green card if you are:

There are numerical limitations established by the Immigration and Nationality Act, and each year a tabulation is made for each category by country for visas issued. When the numbers exceed the allowable usage a backlog is created. An individual can only process the final stages (adjustment or consular processing) at such time that a visa number is available and allocated to him or her. As a result of the common backlogs that are created the individual’s priority date (or place in line) becomes important to the processing of a case. The priority date is established by the date of filing of the initial application. The Visa Bulletin, which is released each month by the U.S. State Department, provides the cut-off dates in each of the preference categories outlined above.

Contact immigration attorney Oleg Otten now to learn how to get a green card and pursue your American Dream!

Email Miami Immigration Attorney directly: info@ottenlawfirm.com

To schedule a consultation, please visit Legal Consultation page

Free resources

How to obtain permanent residence through family?

Family-based immigrant visas

How do I help my relative get a green card if I’m a U.S. citizen?

How do I help my relative get a green card if I’m a permanent resident?

How do I help my children to get green cards to live in the United States as permanent residents?

How do I help my brother and sister to get green cards to live in the United States as permanent residents?

How do I financially sponsor someone who wants to immigrate?

What is an Affidavit of Support?

How much money do I have to make to support my relative?

Government fees for visas

Concurrent filing

Adjustment of Status

Consular Processing

Visa Availability & Priority Dates

Child Status Protection Act

Miami immigration lawyer Oleg Otten